Chocolate Chip Zucchini Protein bars
- 1 flax egg (1 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large banana)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup grated zucchini, pressed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Grease and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the chickpeas and banana in a food processor until completely smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, reserving the hemp hearts, zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the chickpea puree into the bowl along with the flax egg and mix to combine.
- Fold in the hemp hearts, grated zucchiniÂ and chocolate chips.
- Dump the batter into the prepared pan. Bake on the center rack for 24 -Â 26 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 - 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing (this is important!).
- Slice into 12 - 16 bars. Store on the counter for a few hours if they seem too moist, otherwise put them in an airtight container and store them for 2 - 3 days.